Wednesday 31 December 2008

Knitting success!

Im really not very good at this bit of the year, which is part of why I've not posted for a bit. It's odd, as I love the bit before Christmas, and the buying presents, seeing family, stuff like that. It's just when it comes to the 25th, it all seems very tiring, and hard work, and makes me very anxious.

But the most important part of the past week or so, is that Isla liked her bunny!! Apparently it's quite good for a customer when she plays shops. But she did appear to ignore all her toys on Christmas day (My parents and I were at my sisters, with her boyfriends parents, and a couple of her friends from New Zealand, so without their family for the holidays) apart from a couple of Bob the Builder trucks, and a small sponge that came with a pack of chalk. She had so many new things, new toys, games, and things to play with, so she was occupied all day with a bit of sponge about the size of a matchbox. Of course.

I've been working on my mitred square blanket a bit, and have got three 4" squares done! But it's always been planned as a long term project, to be finished in about a year. So I'm now considering what to begin next. Theres a lot on my Ravelry list, and I should consider using my stash to knit with, but I'm becoming drawn to this scarf and its matching hat,if not something in the same stitch pattern.

So it wasn't too bad a holiday this year. I tried to stay calmer this time, than let myself get panicky and worked up like I sometimes do if I'm at my mums too long. I'm just not very good at change, so being away from my flat, and what I know worries me quite a bit. But I'm back home now. Still not too great, as I've had a lot more bad New Years than good ones, so I tend to ignore it all, and stay in now. But I've got a nice dinner in from Tescos, I've sent my mum all the chocolates I don't like from my Christmas tin of Roses (It was that or throw them away) and I've three episodes of the Gilmore Girls saved on my tv. I can't help it- I love the show. Its overtaking my addiction to Charmed!

But I hope you had a good holiday, no matter whether it's Hanukkah, Yule, Christmas, New Year or any other festival or holiday you choose to celebrate. See you in 2009. Promise I'll at least try to be more regular with the entries!!

1 comment:

Teena Vallerine said...

Hope you've recovered from the 25th! It is a lot of work. 12th night to look forward to next and all the hoovering of pine needles...Yay! :-) Happy New Year! t.x

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online